University of North Carolina Chapel Hill Housing
- The applications being received by might 15 tend to be assigned a random lottery number. The lottery number determines your order when the system will process the 3, 000+ applications on file. To create your housing assignment, the machine identifies your requirements and seeks vacant areas starting with very first choice and progressing along the listing. If there's nothing obtainable in some of the locations you preferenced, a random housing project is made.
Can I get a much better assignment if I publish my application early?
- No. Because applications tend to be arbitrarily ordered before tasks are created, all students just who sign up by might 15 will receive equal possibility of getting assigned to a single of their tastes.
Can there be a deposit necessary to make an application for housing?
- No. There is no deposit necessary to submit an application for housing. However, in the event that you use and then cancel you'll be accountable for at least $200 cancellation penalty.
Do I have to go on university?
- Yes. Per the UNC Live-On Requirement, if you are a normal first-year student who's never lived on an university university, you are required to survive university (UNC division of Housing and domestic knowledge) or at Granville Towers. Keep in mind that agreements are not transferable amongst the two.
Can first-year students join domestic Mastering Programs?
- Yes! First-year students are encouraged to take advantage of the special possibilities household Learning tools purchase. You’ll have a similar experience as a conventional resident which life in university housing, utilizing the added good thing about residing near other like-minded students which share common interests as they are dedicated to getting involved at Carolina. There's absolutely no additional expense to participate a Residential Learning Program.
Are there “first-year” halls?
I’m considering living at Granville – what’s the real difference?
- Although Granville Towers is known as somebody to UNC Housing, Granville Towers is handled by a private entity, and contracts tend to be released individually associated with division of Housing & household Education. It’s important to keep in mind that agreements aren't transferable between UNC Housing and Granville Towers.
- Individual tastes like space size, neighborhood size, suite-style vs. hall-style, and location are typical points to consider whenever choosing community choices. But most usually, we notice students enjoy their particular living experience as a consequence of the individuals in the neighborhood significantly more than the building.
Am I able to request a roomie?
- Sure! You may request a roomie whenever you apply online for housing. It is necessary that both pupils list both on the programs.
Let's say we don’t have a roomie?
- In the event that you don’t have a roommate in your mind, don’t worry! We're going to spot
another first-year pupil who is in addition going “potluck” – it’s rather typical.
Am I signing an agreement by submitting a credit card applicatoin?
When will we find out our housing assignment (and how)?
- Usually first-year pupils whom met the May 15 priority time will get their particular assignment confirmation during the early Summer. Confirmation is initially sent by mail. You may also view your assignment online at myhousing.unc.edu.